The Circuit Court division of the Clerk’s Office maintains the case files for all defendants accused of committing crimes that have been designated in the Florida Statutes as felonies. Felonies are classified into the following degrees:

  • A Capital Felony is punishable by death or life imprisonment without the eligibility for parole.
  • A Life Felony is punishable by a term of life imprisonment and by a fine not to exceed $15,000.
  • A First Degree Felony is punishable by a term of imprisonment not to exceed 30 years and by a fine not to exceed $10,000.
  • A Second Degree Felony is punishable by a term of imprisonment not to exceed 15 years and by a fine not to exceed $10,000.
  • A Third Degree Felony is punishable by a term of imprisonment not to exceed 5 years and by a fine not to exceed $5,000.

Court Appearance

Once a court date has been set on a felony case the Clerk’s Office cannot change it. If there is a problem you will need to contact your attorney.

Court Records

Copies of records may be obtained by visiting or contacting our office. Inactive cases may be filed off site and may require a day or so to obtain the files for viewing so we recommend you call our office first. According to the Rules of Judicial Administration – PUBLIC ACCESS TO JUDICIAL BRANCH RECORDS, Rule 2.420 (f)(1) – All requests for access to court records shall be in writing and shall be directed to the records custodian. The request shall provide sufficient specificity to enable the custodian to identify the requested records.

There is a $1.00 per page fee for court records.  Search fees are $2.00 per name or case and certified copies may be obtained for an additional $2.00 per certification. You can also mail in a request for a copy along with $1.00 per page for each copy (you will need to call in advance to determine the exact amount of pages). You are also required to include a self-addressed stamped envelope with your request. It will take approximately seven to ten working days to process the request. You can send your request and payment to the Circuit Criminal Division, 3056 Crawfordville Hwy, Crawfordville, FL 32327.  DO NOT MAIL CASH.

Click Here to Search Court Records

Restoration of Voting Rights

For more information on restoration of voting rights and Amendment 4, please click on the link below. The Department of State, Division of Elections provides useful information and answers to many questions. If you need to know how much you owe in outstanding fines, fees, costs and/or restitution, please call our office at 850-926-0327.

Amendment 4 – Restoration of Voting Rights

Frequently Asked Questions

If I have been charged with a felony what should I do?
You may need to hire an attorney to defend you in court. The Clerk’s Office cannot recommend attorneys to you but you can find a list of attorneys at https://www.floridabar.org/ by clicking on “Find a Lawyer”.

What if I can’t afford to hire an attorney?
If you can’t afford to hire an attorney you may need to contact the local Public Defender’s Office at 850-926-0912 or go to http://www.flpd2.com/apply.php to complete the application.

What if I fail to appear in court?
A warrant will be issued for your arrest and any bond that you have previously posted will be forfeited when you fail to appear for court. If you are arrested because of a “failure to appear warrant”, you may be held in jail without bond.

How do I make payments on my court case?
You can pay for your court costs, fees, fines or service charges in a number of ways:

  1. You can pay in person by cash, check or money order, or with a credit/debit card at the Clerk’s Office, 3056 Crawfordville Hwy, Crawfordville, Florida, Room 136.
  2. You can pay by credit/debit card by phone by calling the Clerk’s Office at 850-926-0302. A 3.5% fee will be added to all credit/debit card transactions.
  3. You can pay by mail by sending a cashier’s check, personal check or money order to the Clerk’s Office, 3056 Crawfordville Hwy, Crawfordville, FL 32327 Attn: Collections Division. Make the check payable to Wakulla Clerk of Court. You must also include your court case #. DO NOT MAIL CASH.

What will happen if I fail to make payments on my court case?
There are a number of things that may occur if the monetary obligations you owe are not paid. First, when someone is sentenced to jail or prison the monetary obligations that are imposed at sentencing are held in “abeyance” (postponed) until your release from incarceration. However, the court will make these monetary obligations a lien of record against any property you may own. Being sentenced to a jail or prison term does not cancel the unpaid monetary obligations. A civil judgment will be filed against you in the Official Records of the County.

Second, once a payment plan is established and you fail to make your scheduled payments and you do not contact the Clerk’s Office, your case will be sent to collections. The Clerk’s Office has contracted with a collection agency to attempt to collect all outstanding monetary obligations owed to Wakulla County. The Clerk’s Office notifies the collection agency that you have costs outstanding. You will owe an additional 40% of the total amount due if your case is sent to collections. The collection agency will contact you by letter and phone to collect this debt.

Third, your driver’s license will be suspended for lack of payment and additional costs will be incurred by you, from both the Clerk’s Office and the DHSMV, to have your license reinstated.

How do I seal or expunge my record?
Not every case may be sealed or expunged. Please contact our office for instructions on sealing or expunging a record or visit http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/Seal-and-Expunge-Process/Seal-and-Expunge-Home.aspx for more information.

If you have a question please contact our office at (850) 926-0327.