Child Support/Alimony

The Child Support division of the Clerk’s Office provides Child Support/Alimony services as a joint effort with the Florida Central Deposit Unit (FLCDU).  Effective 10/1/99, there was a change in Florida’s Child Support Enforcement laws as a result of both Federal and State mandates for the receipt and disbursement of court ordered child support payments. Federal law requires these payments to go through a single central depository for each state.  Our office only maintains the child support/alimony court files and monitors compliance with court ordered child support/alimony payments for Wakulla County. All child support payments and court ordered alimony payments for Wakulla County, Florida are to be sent to the Florida Central Disbursement Unit (FLCDU). The FLCDU will receive your payment and post it to the appropriate account.

Part of the Child Support/Alimony services we offer includes a Voice Response Unit (VRU) which is available with basic payment information. The VRU also will allow you to speak with a customer service representative. The toll free telephone number is 877-769-0251 or you can call the FLCDU directly at (850) 201-0140.

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I use the Voice Response Unit?
First, you can call the toll free telephone number 877-769-0251 or you can call the FLCDU directly at (850) 201-0140. The system will prompt you for your Social Security Number and Case Number. To use the system, you will need to ensure our office has your correct Social Security Number on file. The case number must be entered as a nine digit number (example: case # 2003-59-DR is entered as 030000059). If you have any questions about these procedures you can contact our office directly at (850) 926-0357 or a FLCDU customer service representative at the telephone number listed above.

How do I make a payment online?
To make a child support payment online please visit

What information do I need for making payments to FLCDU?
In order for the FLCDU to post and process your payment you will need the proper identifying information when making the payment. Proper Identifying Information means:

  • Full name of person obligated to make the payment
  • Social Security Number of the Obligor
  • County Name where your case is recorded (Wakulla County # 65)
  • Child Support/Alimony Case Number
  • Full name of the person to receive the payment

Can I mail my payment?
Yes. It is very important you include the proper identifying information mentioned above on the front of your check or money order; without this information child support payments cannot be processed! Payments are to be mailed to:

State of Florida Central Disbursement Unit
P.O. Box 8500
Tallahassee, FL 32314-8500

Is it important to notify the Clerk’s Office of my change of address?

Yes. Payers (those who owe child support/alimony) will receive payment coupons from the FLCDU to mail in with your payment if you keep the Clerk’s Office informed of your current address. If your child support/alimony is being paid through an income deduction order, your employer will be notified to send the payments to the FLCDU, but feel free to share this notice and information with them.

Payees (those who receive child support/alimony) must keep the Clerk’s Office informed of your current mailing address as child support/alimony checks are not forwarded. You should also contact the Department of Revenue Child Support Enforcement at 1-850-488-KIDS (5437) and notify them of your change of address if your case is handled through that state agency.

If you have any questions please call our office at 850-926-0357.